Tech Support Checklist
1. Describe your problem:
2. Now, describe the problem accurately:
3. Speculate wildly about the cause of the problem:
4. Problem Severity:
5. Nature of the problem:
A. Locked Up
D. Strange Smell
6. Is your computer plugged in? Yes No
7. Is it turned on? Yes No
8. Have you tried to fix it yourself? Yes No
9. Have you made it worse? Yes
10. Have you had "a friend" who "Knows all about computers" try to fix it for you? Yes No
11. Did they make it even worse? Yes
12. Have you read the manual? Yes No
13. Are you sure you've read the manual? Maybe No
14. Are you absolutely certain you've read the manual? No
15. If you read the manual, do you think you understood it? Yes No
16. If 'Yes' then explain why you can't fix the problem yourself.
17. What were you doing with your computer at the time the problem occurred?
l8. If you answered 'nothing' then explain why you were logged in?
l9. Are you sure you aren't imagining the problem? Yes No
20. Does the clock on your home VCR blink 12:00? Yes What's a VCR?
21. Do you have a copy of 'PCs for Dummies'? Yes No
22. Do you have any independent witnesses to the problem? Yes No
23. Do you have any electronics products that DO work? Yes No
24. Is there anyone else you could blame this problem on? Yes No
25. Have you given the machine a good whack on the top? Yes No
26. Is the machine on fire? Yes Not Yet
27. Can you do something else instead of bothering me? Yes
If there is no menu on the left side of the screen, you need to click here to activate the menu.